Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Leading Ladies

   Okay- this page has been "in-the-works" for a while.  I definitely have an opinion when it comes to actors and actresses.  I cannot tell you what my criteria is when rating them.  Some of you, when looking at this 'Leading Ladies' page, will say that Beauty or Looks had everything to do with it.  That's not necessarily the case.  In fact, I find that many of these actresses are incredible in their many roles and films.  

   This list started out as a "Top 10" list.  But I found out along the way that I had more than ten, and could not really eliminate any of them from the list.  So it becomes an even dozen (12), with three honorable mentions.

   For those of you that are really interested, I've listed the dozen actresses rated from #1 to #12 on the right margin.  This is a very static list.  I do like Scarlett Johansson, but there are movies of hers that I don't particularly like.   The following is a brief bio or description of each actress :

  • Liv Tyler - I first became acquainted with her when she played the very charming but aloof character "Faye" in the movie "That Thing You Do" along with Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.  I was mesmerized by her portrayal of this young lady, so caught up in this one-hit-wonder band's popularity, but so hurt inside by her selfish boyfriend's ability to ignore and even insult her.  The movie ends "happily ever after" as co-star Scott comes to his senses and finds a common bond with her. The kissing scene on the outside of the Ambassador Hotel is a moving one, as two formerly disjointed hearts beat as one.
  • Elisabeth Shue - I've seen several movies with her, but the first one was the comical and sophomoric romp "Adventures in Babysitting" about a bored and distracted babysitter in the suburbs of Chicago who throws care to the wind, and accompanies a wild group of kids throughout the metropolitan downtown, jumping in and out of dangerous and unbelievable situations.  
  • Lacey Chabert - I find this young lady thorougly charming and captivating.  I've enjoyed her movie roles so much that, after seeing her interviewed on a talk show, I checked out her online blog.  Apparently, she took on a challenge to complete a Bucket List, which included, among other things, skydiving.  I first saw her in "The Elevator Girl", where she portrayed a carefree, but career challenged, caterer who accidentally gets stuck on an elevator with a driven financial advisor.
  • Jaclyn Smith - Of course, many of my age group remember her for her role of "Kelly" on "Charlie's Angels".  Others equate this role or others to the movie actresses Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, or Lucy Liu.   While I do remember her as the "smart one" on the TV show, I have come to recognize and admire her for her other roles in TV movies, such as "Ordinary Miracles" (2005), a story of a tight-lipped judge whose compassion gets the best of her in taking in an otherwise destitute teenager, and her beautiful portrayal of First Lady "Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy" (1981).
  •  Demi Moore - My very first introduction to Demi was in a movie which became one of my favorite films, a romantic drama called "About Last Night."  Interesting story. [one that's very revealing-- pun intended].  Two girls from my church singles group invited me to go see a movie with them.  I ended up sitting between them.  Rather unexpectedly [I should have known better], Demi is in a couple of nude scenes in this movie.  We were probably all surprised, and a bit embarrassed.  I know that my face probably turned bright red.  I later enjoyed Demi's character [along with Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg] in the movie "Ghost", which became a very popular film about death and dying.

[ TO BE CONTINUED ]



   The "Honorable Mentions" happen to be three childhood actresses who were favorites of mine back a few years ago {Lindsay Lohan: "The Parent Trap"; Jena Malone: "Stepmom"; and Madison Davenport: "Dad's Home"}.  Since then, they have grown up to become adults, some of them more mature and responsible than others.   I still liked their films and acting, so therefore they are on the list.

   Not all of these are as famous as others.  You may never have heard of some of them.  Check them out.  Soon I will be adding some bio's for these, and you will perhaps learn a lot more about them.  Until then, their photos will be the only means of recognizing them.   I would love to hear your feedback, and also your choices as to your Leading Ladies.   I may even choose to feature some of them, so please use the comments box to let us hear your opinions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment